Hi Stephen,

> the stickiness both for my editor toolbar and for the tiddler titles
> doesn't seem to work with Chrome or Internet Explorer. Just how Jeremy
> manages to make this thing act consistently across browsers is beyond me

He doesn't ;-)

We'd have to implement what's called a polyfill
<https://remysharp.com/2010/10/08/what-is-a-polyfill> to make it work cross
browser, e.g.

https://github.com/wilddeer/stickyfill/blob/master/src/stickyfill.js
https://github.com/filamentgroup/fixed-sticky

Here's a list of the HTML5 featureset and some recommendations as to when
to use which polyfill...

http://html5please.com/#polyfill

Or this page telling you which browsers natively support it and which
don't...

http://caniuse.com/#feat=css-sticky

Perhaps added to the challenge we're facing is that our sticky headers and
toolbar stuff needs to properly "stack" in that any lower stickies need to
properly overlay the ones before it. So, stickies with different heights
pose a problem, unless you added some script that removes sticky from those
elements that are now "out of scope", replaced by another... I can imagine
browser's won't do that, once sticky is better supported that is.

I seem to be constantly bumping into things that only work in one handful
> of browsers but not in some others.

That's the nature of the web if you want to leverage the latest and
greatest.

> I did make one other change based on one of Tobias's comments that there
> were too many buttons. The buttons can be turned on or off individually
> under the Control Panel - Appearances - Toolbars - Editor Toobar. If, like
> Tobias, you never use the Superscript or the Subscript, you can turn them
> off.

Neat. :-)

Best wishes, Tobias.