Thanks!

The plugin shouldn't require an internet connection. The TeXZilla code is
in the file TeXZilla-min.js, which is part of the plugin itself. (This file
could probably be made smaller if that matters, since the TeXZilla code
includes all sorts of stream processing functions that the plugin doesn't
use.) Another goal in writing the plugin was to be able to ditch my local
copy of mathjax, which is gigantic collection of font files that are not
fun to backup.

Regarding multi-line equations, note that instiki has support for numbering
and referencing equations. I haven't had a big need for this yet, but I'd
imagine their methods can be implemented in tiddlywiki.

Best,

-joe