On Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 12:51:23 PM UTC+1, Tobias Beer wrote:

> As for size, this is what the absolutes say:
>
> *65k  =>  44 core images*
> *118k => 519 awesome font icons*

IMO that's not important at all. Users tend to include full size images
into TW. So one eg: 1MByte image will blow optimizations here away.
On the other hand the TW core svgs are not optimized at all. SVG icons will
have a lager footprint as an icon font, but I'm sure it won't be too much.

> Try to create a 2 color icon with a font.
>

> I hope to never see a core icon library
> with in-themselves multi-color icons.
> Also, being able to do that in theory doesn't mean that
> the core icons practically allow for it...
> most of which are optimized not to.

Why not, you use them on your tb5 wiki as well. So imo it's a pretty common
desire.

> Certainly, not all grass is green in icon-font-land, however...
>
> http://css-tricks.com/icon-fonts-vs-svg
>
> ...is a bit too biased to my taste.

May be. Some more ;)

http://maddesigns.de/svg-sprites-icon-fonts-2309.html
http://ianfeather.co.uk/ten-reasons-we-switched-from-an-icon-font-to-svg/

For me SVG is much more flexible and we can establish our own icon style.

Icons are part of the identity of a project and it is one way to be
different.
Even for this single reason it's worth to have our own icons.

-m