Hi Bill

If you have a look at the "Motovun Jack.pdf" tiddler in edit mode you'll
see that it's a binary tiddler and that it's type is set to
"application/pdf".
Maybe this all happens automagically when you drag a pdf on to a TW?
(import it into the TW document)

I don't know because I generally avoid embedding binary files in my TWs not
to create a too big Tidddlywiki documents...

Instead I would create a tiddler and set the type to "application/pdf"
manually - simply write it in the type field if it doesn't appear in the
drop down list already.
Next I would create a new custom field: "_canonical_uri" and paste the URL
to my web hosted pdf document (click add - or it won't be created).

Usually I show pdfs via an iframe: <iframe width="100%" height="900"
src="URL to my web hosted pdf document" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>.

If I have a lot of pdfs to show I will create a global macro with the
iframe like this:

1) Create a tiddler called eg $:/_iframe/macro (It doesn't matter what you
call it)
2) Write something like this:
\define iframe(url)
<iframe width="100%" height="915" src="$url$" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>
\end"
3) Tag it with $:/tags/Macro

Now I can create an iframe with my pdf like this: <<iframe "URL to my web
hosted pdf document">> in any tiddler.

A more "involved version of the above macro could look like this:

1)Tiddler title eg $:/_iframe2/macro/link/fullscreen
2) Write:
\define iframe2(url)
[ext[Link|$url$]] {{$:/core/ui/Buttons/full-screen}}
<iframe width="100%" height="900" src="$url$" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>
\end

Now I can create an iframe with my pdf like this: <<iframe2 "URL to my web
hosted pdf document">> in any tiddler.
I'll get a link to the pdf document and a button to open the tiddler in
full screen mode at the top of the iframed pdf document.

If I fetch all my pdfs from the same location I will add a "location
snippet" to the macro like this: src="http://MyWebAddress/$url$.pdf";
Then there is only very little to write: <<iframe "filename">>.
Address and filetype is already set by the macro...

Hope some of this helps - enjoy :-)

Cheers Måns Mårtensson