David,

Currently there isn't any simple way to open up all tiddlers with a given
tag, but there is one in the prerelese of the next version
<http://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/> and will be in it when version 5.1.8
comes out (version here in the sense of an update or revision, not version
in the sense of tiddlywiki classic vs tiddlywiki 5).

You can easily list all tiddlers with a given tag using the list widget
<http://tiddlywiki.com/#ListWidget> and filters
<http://tiddlywiki.com/#Filters>. I know this doesn't actually give you
what you want, but it may help until version 5.1.8 is released, which will
hopefully be very soon.

If you click on a tag that a tiddler is tagged with, or in the tag manager
on the more tab of the sidebar menu, than you will also get a list of
tiddlers that have that tag.

I have added a tiddler that lets you open all tiddlers with a chosen tag to my
experimental tools site
<http://ooktech.com/jed/ExampleWikis/Version518Fun/#Open%20All%20Tiddlers%20with%20a%20Given%20Tag>,

but at the moment it requires the prerelease.