On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 2:26:13 PM UTC+1, Jon wrote:

> I was splitting it up so I could separate out individual elements and make
> them tiddlers and then transclude them in different relationships.

That's the intended way for TiddlyWiki. TW encourages users to split up
content into tidders, tag them, combine them in a different way ...

> Unless there's another way of leaving the original document intact and
> referencing/transcluding the particular sections of the document?

Transcluding sections of a small tiddler is intentionally not supported by
the core. Partly because of technical reasons and partly because ot TWs
nature.

-------

A second way you could get "easy" import, would be to create the text files
in a special way. ... eg: with word macros.

If a text file looks like this, it's easy to import.

created: 20130822170200000
modified: 20141219155007260
creator: JeremyRuston
modifier: Me
tags: TableOfContents [[tag with spaces]]
title: HelloThere
type: text/vnd.tiddlywiki

! A Heading

lorem ipsum sit amet dolor, lorem ipsum sit amet dolor, lorem ipsum sit
amet dolor,

If you drag a text file like this into a TW it will be renamed, tagged,

All the fields are optional except: title and type

have fun!
mario