Hi Jed,
I can see that the substrings work great during a search.  If I go to the
sample wiki you provided and add "is-a-fish" to a tiddler and "is-a-pencil"
to another tiddler, I can go to the "Generic Add or Remove mk 2" tiddler
and type "is-a" and both tiddlers are displayed.  This works great.

If I go to "Tag to remove:" and enter either "is-a" or "^is-a.*" and then
click the "Remove from All Matches", nothing happens.  This would be really
great functionality that would allow me to automatically reset a tag-based
state machine or workflow.  Am I using the tool correctly?

TJ

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/45bb7fb1-594d-4f2e-9552-973911375c9a%40googlegroups.com.