On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 4:15:33 PM UTC-7, @atomi wrote:

> This https://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation/ appears to
> kill the java plugin to run tiddlywiki in browser.
> For now you can re-enable it in about://flags but that options seems to be
> going away in September as well.

Just to be clear... neither TiddlyWiki nor TiddlyWiki Classic relies upon
*java* to run in the browser.  All TiddlyWiki code is written in
*javascript*, which is natively supported by nearly all browsers, without
any plugins needed.

The only impact of this phase-out of NPAPI support will be for people using
TiddlyWiki Classic with the mostly-obsolete TiddlySaver.jar applet to
enable local file I/O. However, without TiddlySaver.jar, TiddlyWiki Classic
(v2.8.1+) will still be able to save locally, using the fallback "download
saver" functionality.

-e

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/da3cb2fc-ec9f-4e12-9cc4-00eaef9c76d7%40googlegroups.com.