If I use either of the two formats for creating markdown links to tiddlers
that start with the $ symbol, I end up with a link that directs to TWO
non-existent tiddlers. One with with just a dollar sign, and the other with
the rest of the original link title. For instance:

This is my [link](#$:/themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/themetweaksdevice1).

When viewed, tries to create two tiddlers "$" and
"/themes/tiddlywiki/vanilla/themetweaksdevice1" (notice that the colon ":"
disappears).

Is there is some other way of referencing these internal links that start
with $: in markdown?

Thanks!
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9b5a3cd3-6a49-45c6-83c0-e8178dd315b1%40googlegroups.com.