Hi Mat

> A bit embarrassing but how do I actually install a TW plugin from GitHub?

There's no simple answer because it actually depends how the developer has
arranged their repository (which is just a folder full of files).

In many cases, developers will publish the Node.js "exploded" plugin
folder, where the tiddlers making up the plugin are separate files. That
form is easiest for other Node.js developers to consume.

In Danielo's case, he's included an HTML file that includes the built
plugin, so you can download the ZIP of the repo, open that file and then
install the plugin with drag and drop.

Still other developers might use the GitHub "Releases" feature which allows
you to upload arbitrary ZIPs of stuff.

All of which complexity is why we now have a plugin library :)

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Felix Küppers <felixkuepp...@hotmail.de>
wrote:

>  Hi Mat:
>
> Please see
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/7X5nZR5-w8M/qhnNgrjan58J
>
> Maybe also: https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TiddlyMap#installation
>
> Installing from GitHub usually means running nodejs
>
> -Felix
>

> On 29.04.2015 23:43, Mat wrote:
>
>  @Jeremy/everyone - info on this should probably be on tw.com
>

>  A bit embarrassing but how do I actually install a TW plugin from GitHub?
>
>  Somehow I haven't had to do this until now when I hope to install
> Danielos EncryptTiddlerPlugin
> <https://github.com/danielo515/TW5-EncryptTiddlerPlugin> but my question
> is general.
>
>  I guess the first step is the "Download zip"... but this contains a load
> of stuff, in a folder structure.
>
>  Would appreciate a little guidance.
>
>  Thank you!
>
>  <:-)