Hi Jed,
I wanted to mention another use that I found with this approach.  I have
been seeking business contacts and I have needed to maintain a Call History
for multiple contacts.  By adding a query similar to the version history
(shown below), I have been easily able to manage multiple contacts.

Create a tiddler for each <Business Name> to roll up important state.
 Within this tiddler, add a corresponding history (timeline).

<<list-links filter:"[tag[business-name]tag[timeline]!sort[created]]">>

Thanks for the ideas,
TJ

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9a14dd2f-7749-4470-bd6f-0dfa9491dc37%40googlegroups.com.