<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zJ7SlUHX3kM/VVKDOGl-1fI/AAAAAAAABBs/hgScWRtVK-E/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2015-05-12%2Bat%2B18.47.39.png>
I'm using a Macbook Air 2012, see screenshot for my hardware info please.
I don't think this is anywhere near the bottom of the peers.

Funny, using the same machine with TWc, I tested copy-pasting a long
article (pure text) multiple times into the same text box, which finished
in a flash.
With TW5, the copy-pasting itself, like you mentioned, keeps triggering
some processing, so I got more than a minute of lags.
This kind of performance is quite worrisome, and IMO with such important
performance tweaks, there should be a configuration instead of a plugin.
I hope that the TW5 is not moving towards a heavyweight solution like MS
Office.

I love many aspects of TW5 such as the Control Panel and more detailed
tiddler configurations.
IMHO, TWc shines with its simplicity and it gets things done.
Although not perfect, it sets itself apart from all the other solutions on
the market by its simplicity and outstanding performance.
I started making the switch out of the fear that TWc will one day be
abandoned and by then I'd have too much legacy to move away from.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/df90bd03-b29c-41af-a4b7-2ba590629036%40googlegroups.com.