Yes, the files display ok in unembedded form in both Chrome and Internet
Explorer. Indeed, I'm using Windows (7). This is disappointing as it used
to work nicely :-(

Will it be any different do you think if I link to a local copy of the PDF
rather than embed as an attachment? (i.e., display within the tiddler).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d0c34083-8849-4a8e-86d0-88945abccdda%40googlegroups.com.