Hi @Alex & @Jeremy

Are you suggesting a mode in which tiddler metadata can be included in a
> special format in the main tiddler text area? I quite like that idea.

+1

The approach I prefer is where the content of the text box is transformed
> on entry into the individual fields (that means that re-editing a tiddler
> the special metadata markup would have been removed). Perhaps if the text
> box started with a period "." then the special processing would be
> triggered.

How would the syntax for a 'value pair' look like? Sth like:
".fieldname:value"?

> We could use the same technique to split long tiddlers, something like
> this:
>
> * Given a long tiddler that needs to be split
> * Edit it
> * Add a "." at the top
> * Insert the string "-> TiddlerTitle" at each tiddler split point
>
> Then, on entry, the tiddler would be split into the indicated individual
> tiddlers, and the original tiddler would get a sequence of transclusions to
> include the individual tiddlers.

+1 Nice idea :-)

@Eric made a SplitTiddler html form <http://tiddlytools.com/#SplitTiddler> for
TWC which would let you decide what to do after the split function had been
run. If some of this could be options then you might even be able to decide
to create a filtered list of sub tiddlers from the newly created
tiddlers  - based on tags, titles, fields or what ever :-)

I really like the idea of being able to add fields (and tags) or create new
tiddlers as you write wiki text in a tiddler.
Please keep on developing on that idea :-)

Cheers Måns Mårtensson

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1ec7d68b-e6da-4966-9683-37fc57af99ef%40googlegroups.com.