Hello,

I think you have run into the problem that TiddlyWiki saves the current
state every time you do a save. Example when you finish editing a tiddler,
whatever the state of the TOC is saved to return the next time it is
opened. Most users try to remember to close everything up and do a save
before exiting the TiddlyWiki. Then it is in the state they want it to be
when it is opened again.

I thought this was addressed sometime ago and finally founded it. Remember
to backup your TiddlyWiki before making any changes to the core like this.

Jeremy gave an example of doing this in the thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/TiddlyWiki/CgmcRls_mkE

Tobias also has a reference to this in his tb5 — a pocket full of tips at
http://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#States%20And%20Temporary%20Tiddlers

Hope that is what you are looking for.
Greg

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d31c13ad-a8c7-47ea-a180-a2de5aca56ab%40googlegroups.com.