Hi Alex,

> One of the reasons I like the TW and the community around it is that
> the activity is focused on making thinking tools.

Yes, good point.

> The viz.js additions, cover two critical dimensions to planning
> things: time and structure. They make it easier --- a lot easier -- to
> build up and keep on top of complex information. Concept map, Timeline
> and Wiki:  is there a more powerful combination?

I agree :)

> @Felix and Kixam - I would be wonderful 1) if a view from a map could
> be included in a timeline in a similar way to groupTags or groupFields
> 2) you could click on a timeline and create a tiddler from there with
> start date automatically added.

This is already possible. TiddlyMap stores all node filters of a view in
the following way (be aware that paths may change in the future):

 1. It creates a tiddler

$:/plugins/felixhayashi/tiddlymap/graph/views/INSERTYOURVIEWNAMEHERE/filter/nodes
 2. And stores the tw-filter in a field called "filter".

Now you can use this filter and inject it in your timeline using the
widget's filter-attribute.

-Felix

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/BLU436-SMTP140156634B8CD79D5610BD7CE850%40phx.gbl.