I often use TiddlyWiki to create documentation which is used by other
people.  It's useful to create a helper tab or two for browsing those wikis
or calling up commonly-used information -- but adding those to the four
default tabs makes for a rather complicated-looking sidebar.

For the sake of those readers, I like to simplify my wiki slightly by
relocating those sidebar tabs which are mainly useful for editing (that is,
"Recent", "Tools" and "More") to a "wiki" tab.  Attached is a screenshot of
this scheme.

I don't mind making this customization, but it does complicate upgrading my
wiki and it feels like something that could be a core feature.  Given that
*adding* sidebar tabs is a beginner-level customization
<http://tiddlywiki.com/#How%20to%20add%20a%20new%20tab%20to%20the%20sidebar>
which does not interfere with upgrading, it seems appropriate that hiding
or "collapsing" some of the built-in ones as I have might be similarly
facilitated.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/20835f8d-c7e6-4740-b428-8c239f87507d%40googlegroups.com.