On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 1:29:16 PM UTC+2, Tobias Beer wrote:

> Now I am thoroughly confused, Mat.
> Why would you be giving tiddlers a "recent" field?

Because I use two "Recent tabs", one public and one only for me (that is
filtered out before I upload). The latter is the normal list but the former
only shows specific tiddlers and - most importantly - in the order I
specify using the "recent" field. I am presuming that visitors are peeking
at the Recent tab to get an idea what is new - but the thing is, I
modify/tweak my articles but often the tweaks are not worth calling
attention to in the way that a "last modified" list does.  If an old
article is worthy to get to top from my modification, I update the recent
field (via a quick update button that is also not uploaded to the public
TWaddle).

Overall I'm hoping to eventually find a better workflow, but so far this is
the best I've got which means I write a lot of stuff, tag them Unfinished,
until they are ready for publication when I also add the "recent" date.
When there is enough finished stuff for me to feel ok, my millions of
readers cannot wait another day without new wisdom, I publish.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c642d3fb-7ca9-4457-90ad-05d1e934e56a%40googlegroups.com.