Hello Danielo,

Thank you for the link. Maybe Ton Gerner's Breadcumbs plugin (or his blue
theme) was the original source of the sidebar search box functionality. I
disabled all plugins except "Context Search" and "Core" and all themes
except basic, but the sidebar search functionality persists. I'll
experiment some more, but probably just ignore it and move on.

Thanks for your help (and your plugin!), Bob

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8d3568a6-54fc-45a2-87c8-b669620fd60d%40googlegroups.com.