Hi Tobias

> So, could we perhaps introduce a single state tiddler to...
> store the information of any edit-text widget instance given focus
> store the text being edited in it
> only commit the text back to the tiddler (field) after the edit delay passed?
You’re circling around the same point that we generally end up at!

The problem with the approach you’ve outlined is that while an edit is deferred
the only copy of the edited text is that within the DOM node. But any parent
widget of that DOM node is free to destroy the widget tree containing it, and
reconstruct it. That loses the deferred state.

We’ve discussed this before: it’s why the existing mechanism defers the refresh
cycle, and doesn’t try to defer updating the value of the tiddler.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/B0B7FC50-DFDC-4711-800D-8F5F9247F56C%40gmail.com.