Maybe I've not been clear enough: the code I've posted (with nested macro)
is the non working one, as Mark posted the working one while I was
struggling with posting. One should invert the two first lines to make it
work.

I thought that I had managed to use the tmp macro in brorgschlr85 first
code outside the macros definition, but I can't reproduce, so maybe I've
been confused too when experimenting.
Anyway, nesting macro is a bad idea, it can have side effects ^^

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9c086b4e-5fb6-4c12-b39e-52b788ae9b54%40googlegroups.com.