One of the regular needs I have is to deal with data that is delimited with a
scheme *like* comma-separated values, but utilizing some other delimiter (one
source I deal with uses tabs as a separator; another uses tildes (~).)

I can probably write a wikiparser which is similar to the core parser for
"text/csv" files.  The way I envision it, you would have the tokens delimiting
where the block begins and ends, and immediately after the opening delimiter,
an additional string which identifies (a) the major delimiter character
(commas, tabs, tildes, etc.) (b) the "paired escape" characters, if any (for
instance, in some variants of CSV, you can enclose an entry in double-quotes
and a comma between them will not be taken as a delimiter but as part of the
data) (c) the "single escape" character, if any (for instance, if you want a
comma following a backslash to be read as a comma in the data rather than a
delimiter.)

I have at least two questions, however:

1) This isn't an existing "type", not the way "text/csv" is, nor is it likely
to be.  Does this make it inappropriate to use the existing typeblock syntax
for it?

2) Even if it's okay to use the typeblock syntax for a non-standard "type",
does the idea of having a "control" string at the beginning defining how the
rest of the block is to be read violate the intent of typeblock syntax?

A bonus question:  is this the sort of discussion I should start on Github,
rather than on the group?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/33315d38-e26d-4826-afed-5fe774d6328d%40googlegroups.com.