Hi Tobias,

Thank you for this.

Thinking about this issue I realized that if the user opens a tiddler A for edition, then does something else with some other tiddlers, for instance clicks a button which changes the value of some field in tiddler A, and later comes back to the draft of tiddler A and saves the changes, then the new field value is overwritten.

Example: on tiddlywiki.com create a new tiddler with this content:

<$button>
<$action-setfield $tiddler="GettingStarted" tags="[[new tag!]]"/>
<$action-navigate $to="GettingStarted"/>
Modify tag of GettingStarted
</$button>

then open GettingStarted for edition, and then click the button from the new tiddler: at this stage the tags in the non-draft version of GettingStarted contains "new tag!". Now if you close the draft version by clicking the save button, the tags go back to the previous version. (additionally GettingStarted is open twice in the story river, which is strange).

It seems to me that this is counter-intuitive:

- at least I would expect a warning message when I click "save" if some modifications have been done since I opened the draft. - or maybe there could even be a warning any time a non-draft tiddler is modified while the draft version is open? - an even better alternative, but I don't know if this is possible, would be to prevent any more editing on the draft before the user chooses which version they want to keep: either they reload the modified non-draft version and lose any change done in edit mode, or they keep the draft changes and lose the other modifications? - there is also the possibility to synchronize silently the draft version, but this wouldn't be desirable if the text field is modified, for example.

What do you think? Should I open a new issue on github about that?

Cheers
Erwan