I'm not entirely certain how to describe what I'm trying to do, but here
goes.

I've got a Star Trek fanfic wiki and I'd like to list which planets belong
to certain empires by when they joined said empire.  I'm doing this through
a series of historical event tiddlers so I can do some further stuff with
the events.  Here are how my event tiddlers are currently set up:

*Example 1:*

[[Denobula]] joins the [[United Federation of Planets]]

Fields:
planet: [[Denobula]]
year: 2164
jointype: join

*Example 2:*

[[Xizholia]] is conquered by the [[Romulan Star Empire]]

Fields:
planet: [[Xizholia]]
year: 2329
jointype: conquer

What I'm doing so far is getting a list of planets that belonged to certain
empires and compiling them in a list.

For example:
<$list filter="[tag[empire_event]tag[United Federation of Planets]]">

*{{!!planet}} ({{!!year}})
</$list>

This comes up as:

* Earth (2161)
* Denobula (2164)

What I'd like to do now is get a list of species that belong to certain
empires using the planets listed in the event tiddler's planet fields.  *Both
the species tiddlers and the event tiddlers have planet fields, and I'd
like to figure out how to return a list of species whose planet fields
match the planet fields in a list of event tiddlers.*  Does anyone know how
to do this?  Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/42f0ddc1-41fc-4f6f-a457-989f15a58ad5%40googlegroups.com.