Hi, Tim —

I had been using OneNote for six or eight months when I first discovered
TiddlyWiki, sometime around 2009/'10.  Though I can no longer remember
what, there was something I desperatley wanted to do in OneNote and
couldn't — and someone on Twitter suggested I check out TiddlyWiki.  I
haven't looked back.

If you drag and drop files into TiddlyWiki to import and store them there,
your wiki probably *WILL* grow faster than you can manage it.  But if you
take a few extra moments to put those files in a folder alongside your
TiddlyWiki and reference them with canonical URIs, you'll be able to
navigate and view them in TiddlyWiki without the massive impact on
performance.

See http://tiddlywiki.com/#ExternalImages for some basic information on
handling images.

You can do the same trick with PDFs — just set the tiddler type to
"application/pdf" — but I've found that I can't view PDFs in TiddlyDesktop
(which runs on Node.js), even though they render fine in the browser.  So
you may want to check out Tobias Beer's PDF macro
<http://tobibeer.github.io/tb5/#%24%3A%2F.tb%2Fmacros%2Fpdf>, which allows
you to view PDFs through an iframe AND have a direct link to open them, in
case you're opening your TiddlyWiki in an environment where they aren't
displaying in the frame.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/add75cb5-6614-4ed2-8e44-fc363c5bd441%40googlegroups.com.