On Sunday, January 3, 2016 at 9:27:10 AM UTC-8, Erwan wrote:

> Thank you for your answer. I see now why this is tricky... Unfortunately I
> have two problems with your solution:
>
> - As far as I understand, I still need to define my tiddler custom classes
> in a stylesheet tiddler, where I cannot use the tiddler-specific color, is
> that correct?

As a general principle, you should define CSS rules in a stylesheet, and
then enter the CSS classname(s) into the custom "class" field in the
desired filter.

If you want to apply custom styles *without defining classnames*, then this
ViewTemplate is what you want:
\define frame-classes()
tc-tiddler-frame tc-tiddler-view-frame $(missingTiddlerClass)$ $(
shadowTiddlerClass)$ $(systemTiddlerClass)$ $(tiddlerTagClasses)$
\end
<$set name="storyTiddler" value=<<currentTiddler>>><$set name=
"tiddlerInfoState" value=<<qualify "$:/state/popup/tiddler-info">>><$tiddler
tiddler=<<currentTiddler>>>
"[all[shadows+tiddlers]tag[$:/tags/ViewTemplate]!has[draft.of]]" variable=
"listItem"><$transclude tiddler=<<listItem>>/></$list>
</$tiddler></$set></$set>

Note how this is very similar to using a custom class, but the syntax is
even simpler.  Just add "style={{!!styles}}" to the attributes of the
tiddler frame.  Then create a custom "styles" field in a tiddler and enter
your CSS attribute definitions there.

- when I tested this solution I found that modifying
> $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate apparently caused a bug in the navigation: when
> clicking on a link from the "open" or "recent" tab, the browser doesn't
> take me to the tiddler as it should. I tested with Firefox and Chrome on a
> TW version 5.1.8 (does that matter?).

I tested this directly on http://tiddlywiki.com, and didn't see the problem
you describe.  Perhaps you broke something during editing?

HTH,

enjoy,
-e

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1ec6f527-fb2b-497b-bbea-538d8722cc8b%40googlegroups.com.