On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 3:42:14 PM UTC-8, Omit wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did something very stupid: I tagged "Tiddler A" with "Tiddler B", and I
> tagged "Tiddler B" with "Tiddler A".
> So the table of contents on the right becomes infinite, and my browser
> crashes.
> Unfortunately, the wiki is encrypted so I cannot modify the source code to
> remove one of the tags.
> I tried the firefox javascript debugger with no success.
> I am afraid that my information is lost. Is there any way to save it?

If you modified the TableOfContents shadow tiddler (e.g., to use your own
"root tag"), then you might be able to bypass the problem by using Safe
Mode (http://tiddlywiki.com/#SafeMode) to load the file with the default
shadow TableOfContents, so that TiddlerA and TiddlerB won't be in the tree,
avoiding the infinite recursion.

Another method that might work:

First, drop the 'broken' document on a fresh empty.html and import all
tiddlers except for TiddlerB.  Next, edit TiddlerA and remove the tag for
TiddlerB.  Then, you can safely import TiddlerB without it causing the
infinite recursion.

enjoy,
-e

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/49b30e4c-c004-4f67-a395-5a71088d841e%40googlegroups.com.