Hi Philippe,

The tiddlers displayed at startup are all tagged 'News'. My idea is to have
> the possibility to prepare  non visible 'News' (maybe with a '$' prefix ?)
> and have them published in the news even if I am not present at work.

Ah, now this makes things much clearer.
For one, you can use filter expressions in *default tiddlers*.
So, what you really need is a filter expression that gives you the desired
list.

I would not use any shadow tiddlers for news, unless you just have
one *news* tiddler that lists them without ever showing their titles.

I take it, you only want to show news no older than x days:
So the *new* days operator <http://tiddlywiki.com/#days%20Operator> appears
to be your best bet:

However, you could simply have a *News* tiddler that you put in your *default
tiddlers*,
and then use that to list all your news according to that filter,
alongside a template that also shows a specified *published* date,
which is not necessarily either of *modified* or *created*.

Best wishes,

Tobias.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b9c0ab2f-1ec9-4394-a453-f9d2dd5bae66%40googlegroups.com.