Hi guys,

I have had similiar ideas in the past and gave it a few tries. The (more or less) best thing I could come up with is extending the nodejs-server command with a CGI interface. That way the execution of an external program turns into a http-request, more specifically a tiddler load/render event. Furthermore it is just a simple addition to the sever command code so it was what I eventually ended up doing. Note that this does mean, that the external program needs to be either CGI capable itself or you have to have a wrapper application of some sorts.

That sort of solution would also work for TiddlyDesktop, but I don't really see a good way of making this work for a standalone wiki. There are however other options. The ones I found and tested (all unsuccessfully, which is why I ended up doing it another way, but it would in theory be possible) are:

- Custom protocol handler in Firefox/OS (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Register_protocol or in firefox itself in the settings menu (note that you need an application runner as a program that will take the request and execute the program you want)) - Extend Tiddlyfox to handle a new tw-message (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Code_snippets/Running_applications) - Get an extension that does that for you. (For example: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/applauncher/ << Note that it looks untrustwhorthy, but it would do the trick, since it can take the selected text and incorporate it into the command)

/Andreas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5699C12A.2050805%40googlemail.com.