Here's a couple more observations.

Tried using Matabele's file "Drew's grep tutorial".  It turns out that
internally the title is a url. After importing, I can't reach the actual
tiddler because the title is a url and clicking on it brings me to the
original (external) page. I'm guessing that in cases where the title is a
url the code needs to strip out the http:// so that it's possible to click
through to the tiddler.

Which brings me to something else.

Something must be going on with the date stamping. None of the imported
articles are showing up in the "recent" list. It could be using some
internal stamp, but I know that at least one of the articles I used was
created in the last month. The "recent" list goes back to June 2015, so I
should be able to see at least my articles.

Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/432417da-5513-4da6-ab76-35b5576ffb6b%40googlegroups.com.