On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 10:22:06 PM UTC-8, Hegart Dmishiv wrote:

> Is that tilde meant to be there? [tags*~*="slide"]
>
> EDIT: Ah, I see Eric has already responded, so that errant tilde is
> probably something to do with TWC.

The tilde is absolutely meant to be there.  It is standard CSS selector
syntax.  It means "match elements whose tags attribute *contains* the
specified text.  TWC sets the tags attribute of the div containing the
rendered tiddler to the text of that tiddler's 'tags' field.  Thus,
div[tags~="slide"].tiddler .viewer
selects all .viewer elements within ".tiddler" elements that have a tag
attribute containing "slide".

Here's a reference for CSS selectors.
   http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_selectors.asp

Note: TW5 uses a different approach... instead of adding a 'tags' attribute
to the .tiddler element, it adds a classname, "tc-tagged-yourtaghere" for
each tag on the tiddler (i.e., if you tag a tiddler with "foo" and "bar",
it will generate two classnames, "tc-tagged-foo" and "tc-tagged-bar".  You
can use these classnames in your CSS, without any complex selector syntax,
like this:

.tc-tagged-something { font-size:... }

-e

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ea620f3d-b1bc-4373-b4d5-585d35242788%40googlegroups.com.