Hello Mat,

it is explained in the tiddler $:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/usage
The link below should get you there.
http://snowgoon88.github.io/TW5-extendedit/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Fsnowgoon88%2Fedit-comptext%2Fusage

About your specific questions:

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 1:19 PM, Mat <matiasg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't quite understand how to create a customer trigger though.
> And I can't understand where in your example "<p" is defined to be a
> trigger. It doesn't seem to be the macro defined in "PNJ macro for the
> example".

It is in the config file $:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/config. And
yes, '<p' triggers the completion mecanisme but once a completion is
selected, '<p' is replaced by '<<pnjin "'.

> 1) How would I set, say, @ to be the trigger?

see example below

> 2) How do I make it show a list of, say, people names? Would the names
> have to be tiddlers and perhaps tagged something?

=> yes, for the moment. Say you tag these tiddlers with "people"

> 3) ...and where do I specify that filter operator you refer to? I can see
> no explanation for this.
>
> in the config file $:/plugins/snowgoon88/edit-comptext/config, in the
"template" array, you would add a 'template' like

      {
      "pattern": "@",
      "filter": "[tag[people]!is[system]]",
      "start": "<<myMacro ",
      },

the 'start' and 'end' strings are added before and after the completion
chosen.

Alain

Really exciting stuff - thanks again Alain!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAFF9YEFhfSd6H5Tbkv5otracaDhv%2BSbOhHhCb8BKHEyjzYaO%3Dg%40mail.gmail.com.