On Fri, 25 Mar 2016, Robert Kreuzer wrote:

I have followed your instructions as far as I understood them, but I
unfortunately know too little about tiddlyweb to make sense of everything.

Apologies for not keeping track of this as much as I initially
promised. Without further input from the TW5 experts it can only get
so far and so far we've not really heard from them...

1. created a test instance in tiddlyweb with `twinstance test`
2. Added the tiddlywebplugins.status and tiddlywebplugins.cors plugins to
test/tiddlywebconfig.py ('system_plugins': ['tiddlywebwiki',
'tiddlywebplugins.status', 'tiddlywebplugins.cors'])

You'll also need these settings:

    ‘cors.enable_non_simple’: True,
    ‘cors.allow_creds’: True,
    ‘cors.match_origin’: True,

3. Create a new recipe called 'somerecipe' using: curl -X PUT -H
'{"recipe":[["system",""],["common",""]]}'
http://0.0.0.0:8080/recipes/somerecipe

This is right.

Does this make sense so far? If I understand you correctly, I should now
have a $:/config/tiddlyweb/recipe that points to 'somerecipe'.
But I'm not sure where the TW5 files should go in my 'test' instance. And
do I just clone the TW5 repo and copy it in, or is there some other way to
do this?

This is the tricky tw5 part. There are changes necessary to code
within the tw5 repo to make things go. Those changes are shown in
this diff:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/compare/master...cdent:cd/tiddlywebforrealz

Where I've put 'foo' in 'tiddlyweb-recipe.tid' you would put
'somerecipe'.

With those changes in place you can then build a TW5 following the
build instructions available with tidldywiki5.

I'm hoping someone will step up from the tw5 side to provide some
detailed instructions on how to do that and maybe how to most
effectively get the tiddlywebadaptor.js code working properly with
tiddlyweb.

The end goal here is making it possible for a local tiddlywiki html
file to talk to a tiddlyweb server effectively. I've made it work,
quite well, but it requires a lot of hacking into the TiddlyWiki
code (as shown by the diff above).

--
Chris Dent                                   http://burningchrome.com/
                                [...]