Hi Vincent,

first of all, going up/down from block to block implementation is very
cool, much better experience now!

Second, lists are now edited as a whole, not one list item at a time. I
guess, this is some deliberate temporal state, I mention it just in case it
is not and/or you don't know about it.

Next, I'd say that in empty block pressing backspace is expected to cause
a) going to the previous block and b) removing of the empty block.
Likewise, in non-empty block pressing backspace when the cursor is on the
first position should cause a) going to the previous block (end position)
b) concatenate the content to the content of the previous block and c)
removing the block where we were initially. Implementing this feature will
imrove experience much, as this seems to be the last thing that force user
to use mouse during editing.

Now, the "boring" part.

1. create a one-line tiddler with text alpha __beta__ gamma. Click to edit
the only block. Add a new line (enter) and apply (ctrl+enter). Enter the
ordinary edit mode (click "edit"). Press esc to cancel. What is expected:
the changes are already applied, and since I haven't changed anything in
the ordinary edit mode I will just leave. What actually happens: the editor
asks if we should leave without saving changes (as thought as they were
done in the edit mode, not in twve).

2. I've got a ton of weird bugs playing with that tiddler (especially when
adding or removing underline or newline), including more multiplying the
content, separating alpha and __beta__ gamma as blocks and other stuff, but
the behaviour changes very often and in an unpredictable way (seems that it
is *history-depenent*), so for some time I had no luck in reproducing them
(except for the one described above). The point here is you probably should
investigate what can be the source of this history dependence, as it will
probably provide many difficulties in the future.

3. I've got more luck in reproducing bugs when I started to refresh my TW
after each test and close all tiddlers but the test one (for the clear
experiments I used permaview not put anything else to the "history"). Steps
to reproduce one of the bugs: close all tiddlers, open the tiddler with
text alpha __beta__ gamma, permaview, reload TW. Inline-edit it: add a new
line after the end of the first one, ctrl+enter to apply. Inline-open it
again clicking the first line, remove the newline, ctrl+enter to apply.
What I see in the view mode: alpha alpha *beta* gamma; but if I open the
ordinary edit mode, the content is still alpha __beta__ gamma.

Best regards,
Yakov.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3a4a4f6d-e599-4b31-8d5a-6caaeb97fdeb%40googlegroups.com.