Hey guys,

i started creating my e-book management with TW a couple days ago. But
there are still some things I do not get right away so I hope you can help
me out with them.

First a short explanation of my "design": I have a template tiddler which
is used to show the details of a book. In this template a call my custom
macro to make a comma separated list of links from a field with comma
separated author names. So i.e. field "authors" contains *Mark Twain* and
*J.R.R.
Tolkien* separated by comma. My macro produces links like *[[Mark Twain]],
[[J.R.R. Tolkien]]* so I can find books for every author via backlinks.

My problem is that I can not figure out, how to use the value of "authors"
within my JavaScript macro. At the moment I use the *set* widget to create
a variable authors:
<$set name=authors value={{!!authors}}><$macrocall $name="linklist" field=<
<authors>> /></$set>

But this looks like overkill for me and is not that readable, so I wonder
if it Is possible to replace this whole setup with something like (which
does not work for me):
<<linklist {{!!authors}}>>

There is another question that bothers me. As I am not a native English
speaker I do not get the difference between substitution and transclusion.
I figure one is *before* the macro call and the other one *after* that? But
which is when and how do I use substitution at all? Unfortunately the
documentation is very short and abstract about this I feel.

Thanks for your help
Tristan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/955357b3-2833-458d-9989-27ccdcd32f60%40googlegroups.com.