Mario,

TiddlyWiki is not set up to write a book out of the box because there are
so many methodologies out there. But, once you've decided on a methodology
you can write macros to help you follow that method.

Let's say you want to use an outliner to write your book, meaning you
create an outline and then fill in the details. The bottom level details
would be the text of your book, with the outline forming the chapters and
sections

1. Create a tiddler named "My Book" with the text <<toc "My Book">>
2. Save the tiddler (It seems empty)
3. Click on the V (More actions) menu item and click "New Here"
4. Title this tiddler "Chapter 1 - Captain Blargh gets the scurvy"
5. Save (Notice that "My Book" now says "Chapter 1 - Captain Blargh gets
the scurvy" and if you click on "Chapter 1 - Captain Blargh gets the
scurvy" it opens the tiddler
6. Click on the V (More actions) menu item in "Chapter 1" and click "New
Here"
7. Title this one "Section 1 - Introducing Captain Blargh" and save
(Section 1 - Introducing Captain Blargh shows up in My Book under Chapter 1)
8. Add Chapter 2, 3 , 4 etc, and Sections 1,2,3 in each section so that the
titles of each section outline the plot of your book
9. Go down as far as you want with the outline. When you get to the bottom,
start typing the text of your book in each leaf node tiddler.
10. Now its time to print out your book. That macro doesn't come with the
core TiddlyWiki

Now we ask the question . . .
Has anyone out there written a macro to display the contents of a table of
contents like this so Mario can display his book?
I'm guessing we'd want each Chapter to be <h1> sections <h2> etc.
Displaying the Chapter and section text in block quotes or italics and then
the text nodes with no heading.
Probably also want to set some standard tags for chapter, section, heading,
text etc.

That's what's great about this community

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/02e60b5d-f0cc-46e0-8834-162f15f72c44%40googlegroups.com.