On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 11:29:25 PM UTC+2, Jed Carty wrote:

> I gave in and just edited the tags filter, it turns out it took much less
> than I expected. So you can use [tags:foo[]] to get the list of things in
> the foo field instead of in the tags field.

Good working! At this stage I think there is no problem because, as I see
it, this stage is mostly about defining the concept and making sure people
can try it.

Besides, with arbitrary field names one must probably... Actually, let me
say this first:

For field creation, there must be a safety check. I just tested to create a
field named "text" and it worked "too well". It should be simple to block
overwrite of the standard field names (there exists such a check when you
try to create a field named "text" in a standard tiddler) and is should be
simple to block globally defined GenTags fields, but what if I have
"mytiddlerlocalfield" in MyTiddler...?

Now, back to what I was about to say; such a safety check is probably (!)
also necessary to ensure that fields are not titled same as filter
operators! ...but the fact that we don't have this check for regular fields
makes me unsure (cos we don't, right?). At the moment I fail to concoct a
good example of how this could be a problem but considering how a filter
consists of both operators and field names... surely this is a risk, right?
Assuming it is, then a tool like GenTags will increase the risk
tremendously.

<:-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ebc27e0c-06a5-43b9-9e0f-dd2d3a7a291b%40googlegroups.com.