Ah, I see. That isn't what I had thought it meant. I was under the
impression that that would be the active tab when the wiki opened.

Personally I think that that is definitely needed. Surely the point is that
you want to be able to force a specific state when the Wiki opens, that way
anyone and everyone will get exactly the same starting position and reduces
confusion.

At least it should be an option, definitely the control panel needs a bit
of a tweak in any case.

Do I need to do anything?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d3e637ea-eb7f-4087-879a-69008b2bd9d3%40googlegroups.com.