I've been studying various bits of code found around various TW5, but there
are some pieces I can't understand how they work.
This is one of them :
<$list filter="[is[current]field:fieldName1/fieldValue|fieldValue2/]">
 <$count
filter="[field:fieldName/fieldValue3/fieldName2{{!!fieldValue3}}]"/>

 <$button message="tw-new-tiddler" class="btn-invisible"
param="$:/_Template/fieldValue3> fieldValue3 </$button>
</$list>

I vaguely understand the goal of the <$button> tag, but I can't decypher
the list and count filter. I've read all documentation on the operators
used, but I have found nothing regarding use of / in the field operator -
hard and soft parameters but nothing about / being used. The only two
examples given in field Operator documentation do not use /.

My 'best' guess (and I've had many in the past few days trying to
understand them) is the list filter is trying to filter tiddlers having
either fieldValue or fieldValue2 as value for their fieldName1 field. Goal
of the 'is[current]' is unknown.
But the <$count> filter totally evades me.

Not sure if this is relevant, but the tiddler is transcluded twice (the
tiddler it's transcluded in is transcluded in another - no direct use).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/dab2c799-baaf-4372-a5af-0e4a89dd64e4%40googlegroups.com.