I have been looking into some things like this but it is one of many
projects I am working on. I believe that some other people have expressed
interest in creating plugins for it but I haven't seen any results yet.

One thing I have been looking at is using a mysql database as a personal
email database with a tiddlywiki front-end. None of it is particularly
difficult, it is just that like everyone else who contributes to tiddlywiki
I have approximately 6709389214 simultaneously running projects and only
about half involve tiddlywiki in some way. Unfortunately none of the
tiddlywiki projects pay the bills yet so it isn't the first priority for
any of us at the moment.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5562d72e-d4fe-4686-b22d-ba1eb2541a23%40googlegroups.com.