It depends how you went about it. If you just used a button and an action
widget, you can do something like this:

<$button>Make tiddler with date
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" title=<<now "Today is DDth,
MMM YYYY">>  tags="OneTag [[Another Tag]]" text=/>
</$button>

Which uses the "now" macro with a date format string.

HTH
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/843dfbf0-1ea7-4f83-a7e1-846a259b116b%40googlegroups.com.