I found out that when I open the tw from a dropbox cloud folder in es file
explorer, then esfx creates a local copy, open it in the browser and autosync
the changes. After going offline and returning online it's necessary to save
the file again though, since esfx doesn't seem to detect the change in the
connection state. This is a nice workaround because I don't depend on a
dedicated dropbox sync tool (I never had pleasant experiences with them on
android).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8547fb5c-1421-47aa-951b-9431d49f559a%40googlegroups.com.