Hello!

I'm trying to start with my first homebrew javascript snippet/macro that gets
the value of a tiddler's field and replaces two strings inside it...
I came up with the following not working code that should just return that
modified string. This script shouldn't run jut once but
each time one input element (inputterm) is edited. Have no idea how to call
such a function in Tiddlywiki context, for getElements it
would be safer to use ids but I just want to see if my plan is doable in the
first place.

Help please.

Laci

/*\
title: $:/macros/obeliksz/library_api_macro.js
type: application/javascript
module-type: macro

<<libraryapimacro>>

Example:
<<libraryapimacro>>

\*/
(function(){

/*jslint node: true, browser: true */
/*global $tw: false */
"use strict";

/*
Information about this macro
Replaces inside the api_url string the inputterm with the more than 3 characters
typed input from the title's edit-text and inputauthor with author edit-text
default api_url:
https://www.googleapis.com/books/v1/volumes?printType=books&q=+intitle:inputterm+inauthor:inputauthor

*/

exports.name = "libraryapimacro";

/*
Run the macro
*/
exports.run = function() {
    var api_url = {{$:/plugins/inmysocks/LibraryTracker/Library Tracker
Settings!!api_url}}
    var inputterm =
document.getElementsByClassName('tc-edit-texteditor')[0].value
    var inputauthor = document.getElementsByTagName('select')[1].value
        var output ="New url: " +
api_url.replace("inputterm",inputterm).replace("inputauthor",inputauthor);
        return output;
};

})();

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/35b77f29-53b6-404d-8b1d-f4b137091131%40googlegroups.com.