Hi sini-Kit

> I try to understand why 5.1.12 works slower in edit mode than older versions.
> In doom tree I see this style of the text area
> I think think that old variant is better.

The reason for the copied styles is that with the new editor, the textarea
element is embedded in an iframe. This is done so that it has independent focus
handling from the rest of the page, but it has the side-effect that styles are
not inherited, hence the copying.

Originally, the code just copied the styles when the textarea was created, but
I received feedback that it was confusing that the background colour of
textareas thus didn’t change dynamically during a palette change, so I changed
things to re-copy the computed styles on every refresh cycle.

I guess there are several things to investigate:

* Whether you’d get acceptable performance with the original behaviour of only
copying the styles during widget creation
* Whether the style copying itself can be made more efficient. It may be that
there is a particular style property that is very slow to assign, for example.

What version of IE are you using? Do the editor toolbar buttons work as
expected?

Best wishes

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CD49D9BA-7859-48E8-91CB-14891BB41DC2%40gmail.com.