El domingo, 31 de julio de 2016, 10:53:09 (UTC+2), ParisWiki escribió:

> Hi Danielo,
>
> I must say that I am totally lost !

Hello ParisWiki, thank you very much for your feedback, I really need
several points of view because when I write instructions I'm too excited,
and sometimes I'm not clear about what I want to say.

> First you speak about Notestorm. Is it the same as David Gifford's ?
> Apparently not, but what are the differences? Do you mean in fact NoteSelf ?

It's a misspeling. I was reading about Notestorm before writting about
NoteSelf :P

> Second you say "NoteSelf does not require any installation". Fine, but
> what about Couch or Pouch DB? Downloading your file (TiddlyWiki), did not
> upload (P)(C)ouchDB on my PC.

And it does not require any installation. Pouch DB library it's embedded on
the wiki itself. That is it's magic.

> Then you say "Everything is stored on the company's servers!". Which
> company? Any link to access those servers ?

Sorry, that is also a misunderstanding. I mean that problem is one of the
problems of Evernote, not NoteSelf ( I was about to write NoteStorm again!
I have to admit that the name is far better).

> Could you provide some working examples with such a working database ?

Do you mean how to configure a couch db server? I have plans to record a
video about that for one of the recommended couchdb providers, Cloudant.

> And maybe the steps needed for this mix to work "out of  the box " ?

The steps are on the installation section:

   1. Write a name on the input field close to the Download button.
   2.  Click the download button.
   3. That downloaded file works out of the box.

Server side synchronisation requires some additional steps, but for basic
functionality that is all you need.

Thanks. Let me know if you are still unclear about it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b6054d9e-8536-4ebd-9768-94bb2eac43ab%40googlegroups.com.