Greetings :)

After a lot of tinkering, I have my transparent SideBar background project
working.

This is not *exactly* how I wanted it to be, but it works well enough that
I feel safe in releasing it for others to use.  It's easily modifiable both
functionally (more colors/other transparency values could be added) and
aesthetically (the 'interface' is comprised of divs with CSS classes you
could change to your liking).

I tried to package it into a 'plugin,' following a tutorial on 'how to
create plugins in the browser,' but I kept getting syntax errors when I
tried to compile it, so I finally gave up and just put everything in a
.JSON file...

View and download it here <http://zaphod2016.tiddlyspot.com/>

Hope it's useful for some of you :)

--Zaphod