Hello,
I published a new Version of MetaTabs for managing metainformation like references/footnotes, tasks, presentations, ideas, and notes related to tiddlers.

It now is independent of the appear-plugin and has a language Tiddler which makes it easier to make a version in your language.

I still need some help to implement a function which should display footnotes which are in the wikitext which I saw at http://tiddlystuff.tiddlyspot.com/#Idea%20for%20a%20footnote%20filter. Gurus willing to helb press the recent-issues-button on the my welcome Tiddler at http://slidesnstories.tiddlyspot.com/

MetaTabs can be tested and downloaded on http://slidesnstories.tiddlyspot.com/.

For those who did not read the first thead:
Metais inspired byMagicTabs <http://slidesnstories.tiddlyspot.com/#MagicTabs>and Tiddlyscholar by Alberto Molina PĂ©rez, which is a very elaborated tool for researchers which shows a row of useful Metalinks at the bottom of each Tiddler. I wanted to change the behaviour to make it show buttons only if the links exist.
The result is a lightweigt-alternative which just consists of

 * a view-template,
 * a button to activate it,
 * some templates to add different types of information. (Idea, Note,
   Task, Index-item, reference)

Cheers and Thanks
Jan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/57B43BAD.6010707%40googlemail.com.