Hi Steve, glad to be of help.

The way TiddlySpace, TiddlyWeb, and the NodeJS server work is that all of
them serve a copy of your tiddlywiki to the browser and then as you make
changes each tiddler is saved individually back to the server, changes from
the server also end up on the TiddlyWiki in your browser, thus we say they
are kept in sync with each other. This is what we call "syncing".

TiddlySpace and TiddlyWeb were built for TiddlyWiki classic and I have not
used them much for TW5. The NodeJS version, however, is just a copy of the
TW5 files on GitHub and is used to compile standalone TiddlyWikis from
scratch via the command line. Another set of arguments starts the
webserver, using the same NodeJS files. So it is definitely built for TW5.
:)

TiddlySpot and TW5-in-the-sky-on-Dropbox (TWitS5-Dropbox) do it a little
bit different. Every time you save, it compiles and uploads the entire
TiddlyWiki to the cloud, not just the tiddler that got changed. The file
saver mechanisms used for TiddlyDesktop, TiddlyFox, and TiddlyChrome do the
same thing, but because they are saving to the hard drive, you don't notice
it.

The server version is also fast, and should be even on the internet,
although I have not tried it. I have considered making TWitS5 support
syncing tiddlers, which would make it faster.

I'm not familiar with saving to GitHub, but I think it would save the
entire file.

There should be instructions tiddlywiki.com for using the server version,
but feel free to ask if you have any questions.

-Arlen

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/CAJ1vdSQ-UUf3V8v2yetrfEzmiaSQOi7fznooQsavVNTgY%3DOr0g%40mail.gmail.com.