Are you talking specifically about aesthetics and visual appearance of the
front page?
Are you looking for pretty graphics or an appealing front page?

Maybe what you need are some images, or perhaps a strong logo or
infographic for the front page.

I have to admit I am also still a bit in the dark as how all this works and
how to use it/set it up, so I guess I am one of he persons who would
benefit from more thorough info.

If you could lay down the specifics that you want, and set up a list of
requirements or important topics that must be mentioned, then maybe you
could hold some sort of contest or competition to design some graphics for
the front page, like the one held a while back for the TiddlyWiki community
poster.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2810bac3-d892-4b95-8cc6-dae1ce18a4c1%40googlegroups.com.