Hi Tobias,
To parseTreeNodes sounds a little chinese for me...but I think I understand.
If it is what Ithink it would put us all a big deal forward and could be the basis for many things I try to build.
- a filter  collecting Footnotes
- a way of transcluding/navigating to parts of Tiddlers
... and thus new possibilities to present information stored in TWs for example in Slideshows et cetera

I think we would all be very happy.

Jan